Mark Reed Health Care District Employees' Scholarship Program
The Employees of Mark Reed Health Care District contribute annually to a scholarship fund to promote the education and integration of local students in the medical field. A scholarship committee reviews applications, interviews, and selects recipients who best meet the criteria and show initiative to follow through with their chosen academic program.
To see a list of the 2010 scholarship winners check markreed.org.
- Be entering a medically related field of study in an accredited program.
- A graduating senior attending a school district in East Grays Harbor County: Elma HS, Montesano HS, Mary M. Knight HS, or East Grays Harbor HS.
- Must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Students interested in applying for this scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- A completed Mark Reed Employees' Scholarship Application.
- An essay (2-3 pgs.) that clearly defines your educational and career goals as well as why you should be awarded a scholarship from the Mark Reed Employees.
- One letter of recommendation from a current certified teacher or member of school administration.
- One letter of recommendation from a member of the community, preferably someone not associated with the school and not related to you, who can attest to your character.
- An official, certified copy of your high school transcript.
Applications must include the following information and items:
- Students may be asked to attend an interview with the selection committee before a decision is made on awards.
- Employees who are a parent, relative, or close friend of any applicant will be recused from the decision making committee to ensure fair consideration of all applicants.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the institution of higher education upon proof of enrollment.
- Scholarship recipients are encouraged to report their post-secondary academic progress and successes to Mark Reed- tell us how you're doing! Also, we encourage the utilization of internships and/or post-education employment opportunities at Mark Reed Health Care District. For the complete application and instructions check markreed.org website.